Friday, October 5, 2012

Playing in Paradise #87 - Sketch Time!

Happy Friday! It's pretty official - I have succumbed to the cold, or at least the sore throat portion. I really thought I was going to be able to fight it off. *wah*

In other *sickie* news, remember last week when I told you about my pre-paid cat barf cleanup? Yesterday tested the limits apparently. One cat isn't feeling great (she gets that way every few months, usually after escaping & eating grass). Riley now says that I owe him $1, or next time he has to clean it up he's going to barf too. I'm pretty sure I still had some pre-paid jobs left, but he's no dummy - he knows I'll pay it to avoid anyone else getting sick ;) I don't know, don't tell him, but at $1 a cleanup I still think that's a pretty good deal.

Alrighty then.
Onto today's challenge over at Playing in Paradise - Allison is the hostess this week, which means SKETCHY SKETCH!
Something I love about Allison's sketches is their versatility - they adapt very well to either a standard rectangular card, or a scrapbook page. And, of course, the more sketches I play along with, the more comfortable I am with interpreting them. No bow on my card, and no matted squares. But I do have this:
Supplies: papers from Basic Grey, "Indian Summer;"
lace from Hero Arts;
Vintage Photo and Worn Lipstick distress ink;
sentiment from Paper Smooches; leaf from All Night Media;
buttons from stash;
canvas!

The tight weave of the canvas makes it a little tougher to fray the edges,
but I noticed once you work the fibres out, it stays as frayed as you want it.
The tight weave also makes it possible to use foam tape for dimension
without it showing through the fabric.
Scrapbooker's Paradise has over 100 products from Canvas Corp - fabric and more - that you should really check out if you've wanted to try incorporating canvas, burlap, etc in your paper crafts. 

 The linky is open until noon on Thursday, October 11th. 

Don't forget to see what the rest of the team has been up to:


xoxo,
Jessi

10 comments:

CarlaKH said...

Oh great take on the sketch- love colors and the buttons! Great textures!

walchowDesign said...

You've found yourself a good deal cleaner, Jessi!

Love the stamping on the canvas and the pretty pp!




Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Jessi, I love the leaf on the fabric. Wonderful colours and the buttons are perfect.

fairyrocks said...

thanks for this very pretty fall card, I love Canvas corp supplies too.

jimlynn said...

Oh I hope you start feeling better - and the cats too!!!

This is so lovely. The stamping on canvas is awesome! Love it.
Lynn

lostinpaper said...

Fabulous use of DP (you are the queen) and love the added texture of the canvas and lace, it's gorgeous Jessi!

yyam said...

Wow! So pretty! Love the stamping on canvas! :)

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

LOVE your take on the sketch - so beautiful with the canvas patch and bg paper!
Hugs!

Unknown said...

gorgeous! love the image on canvas and the lace trim/button border...beautiful!

p.s. does Riley work out of province? i got some cat barf issues over here too ;)

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful stamping on Canvas! Pretty colors!

Sounds like we are in the same ick crap boat! Fun isn't and yes I need chocolate although I couldn't taste it how about you? Add family coming this week to the mix!

Hugs from one sicky to the other!