Sunday, October 7, 2012

Little Red Wagon - Buttons!

Well, you don't have to ask me twice to use buttons on a card! Little Red Wagon has that as their challenge this week, although I didn't beat the record of 22 (*yet, the week is young!)
I'm very low on gender-neutral baby cards, but I find it hard not to add pink or blue on them somewhere. The tree motif is actually from a 'girl' collection, but I think it works!
Supplies: Trees & 'cutie pie' from Echo Park "Bundle of Joy;"
background papers from MME;
buttons from stash
 
Riley really loves sorting, so when I buy bags of buttons I have him sort them out into colour families for me. I usually buy the mixed bags of buttons from Wal-Mart or from thrift stores, and then he sorts them all into ziploc bags so that I just need to reach into my drawer for the right colour bag, and does that EVER make it simpler! The tree panel is popped up on one layer of foam tape, and the sentiment on 2 layers. If you also love buttons, don't forget to link up with little red wagon this week - you need to use at least 3 buttons this time around :)
Off to get the kitchen in shape to cook a turkey. First turkey I've cooked in easily 14 years...this could get messy!
xoxo,
Jessi

15 comments:

Jocelyn Olson said...

You do make awesome gender neutral cards. I love the buttons...I'd like to see you break that record. Haha Happy Thanksgiving!

jimlynn said...

SO pretty! Love the tree pattern - reminds me of an actual tree! So many buttons and so cute!
I'll have to check Walmart for bags of buttons now!
LYnn

~amy~ said...

ooohh...thinking this might be my new FAV of yours....love it...the colors...the threaded buttons...perfect-o!

JanR said...

Great card! I love how many buttons you used (even if it wasn't more than 22 ;-) ). Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

JJ Bolton said...

I'm with Amy! This is one of my faves too! Love the graphic circle tree (adorbs)!! And of course, your signature line of buttons is fantastic!

It's cool that you get Riley to help with the buttons! I have to admit that I've made the kids sort my paper scraps by color. They are not pleased, lol!

Happy Thanksgiving and GL with the turkey!!

CinnamonSally said...

I love this tree card so clever, your buttons are perfect. Enjoy your turkey and Happy Thanksgiving.

lostinpaper said...

Great colours and sweet design, love those buttons Jessi!

Dawn said...

Who doesn't love buttons?! Your card is gorgeous. Love the colour choice. Happy Thanksgiving! Best of luck with that bird :)

Hugs, Dawn

kingstonmama said...

Cute card. Love the tree and that fabulous row of buttons! ann

walchowDesign said...

Awesome neutral card, Jessi! Love the tree and all the buttons! That's a lot of buttons to sew!

How lucky that you have Riley to sort out the buttons for you!

Unknown said...

Great take on the challenge Jessi. This is really pretty...love the tree. Hope supper goes well. I've never cooked a turkey. :S

yyam said...

Soooooo sweet! I love the row of buttons!

P/s: How lovely to have your very own button sorter! :)

Shelby said...

Love how you've used the buttons and the tree looks amazing cool!

Shelby

Nance said...

Love that tree. So pretty! I did the same thing with my buttons only I put them in individual plastic containers on my shelf.

Now, how did the turkey turn out? 14 years? That's a long time! I will be cooking an XTRA BIG turkey this US Thanksgiving with lots of family coming to my house for the first time ever.

Stupid question - did you celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving last weekend? I know you are in Nova Scotia area so I figured you did.

Jen W. said...

Yup, the tree totally works as gender neutral. Love the popped up elements and the buttons!