Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall in the Circle - Our Creative Corner

"Fall in the Circle" - normally I fall on the stairs, but I decided I'd see what I could do!

Ba-dum-ching.

<crickets>

Sooooo, Our Creative Corner is challenging us this week to create a Fall card incorporating circle elements. I haven't played along with OCC in ages & was determined to do it this week, and I'm squeaking in right under tonight's deadline!
Supplies: papers from Basic Grey;
leaves from Prima;
sentiment from Stampendous;
Vintage Photo distress ink;
standard small circle Nesties;
vintage cream buttons

I love the sheen on the buttons & dab of glitter on the leaves!
Besides using the circle die cut, I've stitched buttons around its edge to emphasize the circular shape - and the buttons themselves are all circular :) 

I managed to create cards for 7 challenges today - this weekend will have a whole bunch of posts coming up!

xoxo,
Jessi

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Whoa, seven challenges? I was so proud of myself getting four cards done yesterday! This is a perfect card for both fall and circles.

fairyrocks said...

Very effective, I love buttons

Unknown said...

Great card Jess! I love this card. My eye goes from the sentiment to the buttons and down to those gorgeous leaves! Great photo too! Can't wait to see the cards you're going to post this weekend :)

jimlynn said...

So lovely and I adore all the buttons on here!
Lynn

Emily Keaton said...

LOVE this fabulous fall card, and who can resist glittery leaves? And that button circle absolutely rocks (or maybe it rolls, being a circle and all . . .) Your post made me smile!

~amy~ said...

This is so very pretty...lovin' the buttons!

Debbie said...

What a great idea to outline with buttons!!

Jen W. said...

I need your speed. I've been in a slump this weekend. I think I made one card...
This rocks though. The buttons are perfect with that paper.