Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ren-Yi's smallhanded QuAC #2 - Fall

I love this idea! Ren-Yi at smallhanded adventures is hosting another QuAC challenge - first she hosts a poll for her readers to vote in, and then bases a challenge on the most popular answer! The poll for QuAC #3 is active right now (at the top right of her blog) - check it out :)
This challenge is open until November 8, so there is LOTS of time to play along, but I wanted to make sure & post early to hopefully spread the word about Ren-Yi's fabulous idea. I've got 2 projects to share with you today:
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock;
patterned paper from Basic Grey "Origins;"
salvaged burlap from soap wrapping;
recycled tissue from a package;
wheat stamp from Inkadinkado;
Versamark & Old Paper distress EP;
birthday sticker from Mrs. Grossman


To create this layered look, first I laid down a strip of Scor-tape and ruffled the tissue paper. Then I used clear tape to secure the burlap to the patterned paper strip, and foam tape to attach it to the card without squishing the tissue ruffles. Clear as mud?

Supplies: paper from Basic Grey "Plumeria;"
leaves from Prima;
sentiment from Stampendous;
Spiced Marmalade & Vintage Photo distress ink;
corner rounder
I think I might have to give in & get a corner chomper - I've already broken one corner rounder punch, and if I keep punching through layers of cardstock I can see me breaking another one, or possibly my thumb ;)

I had hoped to stamp the sentiment in orange ink, but it just wouldn't show up enough on the background, so I double-inked by using first orange, then brown ink. 

Unfortunately there was a big run on sympathy cards this weekend at the market - so I'll need to set aside a day this week to work on some more. 

Make sure you hop on over & check out Ren-Yi's current QuAC #3 poll, and see if autumn inspires you to join in the QuAC #2 challenge! I bet it will :)

xoxo,
Jessi


9 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow both are so pretty...love the added burlap and ribbon on the first and those leaves are just perfect on the second..

jimlynn said...

BOTH are wonderful! Love the use of the burlap on that first one - and beautiful image! On the second - oh my goodness! Fab leaves and great chevron paper - can't beat it!
Lynn

Unknown said...

beautiful cards Jess. That first one is gorgeous...love the layered borders. Genius!

CinnamonSally said...

Love your pretty cards Jessi, those leaves look perfect against that chevron paper..

Lindsey said...

Two great fall cards. I'm really liking that wheat stamp!

Jen W. said...

These are both gorgeous! Love the burlap and ruffle on the first and the gradient oranges on the second.

lostinpaper said...

The burlap and tissue add such amazing texture! LOVE your cards Jessi!

JJ Bolton said...

Okay, you made me think this morning, lol! I had to concentrate as you told me how you created that layered border:) It is so unique!

BTW, I love my corner chomper. Couldn't live without that thing!

Ren-Yi said...

hi Jessi - this is fabulous. The burlap and the gold ink is gorgeous. this really screams harvest. The leaves look amazing too, but I heart the background most. Thanks for coming along and joining me in my little challenge. I really appreciate your readership :)