Sunday, October 7, 2012

Let's Get Trendy Now #2 - Punches/die cuts

I'm late to the party this time BUT could not miss out on the awesomeness that is Let's Get Trendy Now #2 - I had a blast with #1, and have my fingers crossed for #3 and beyond :) Here's my first project, using punches:
Supplies: papers from Memory Box;
stamps from Annabelle Stamps;
butterfly & flower punch from Martha Stewart;
circle punch from EK Success;
Worn Lipstick, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen distress inks;
Liquid Pearls;
scrap of twine

I sponged the edges of the 2 butterfly punches, and wrapped the twine around to form the body/antennae.

A peek at the dimension - the flower petals are gently bent up & the flowers
adhered only in the centre. The sentiment is popped up on foam tape.
The top butterfly's wings are bent up around the twine. 
So here's the thing - I don't buy a lot of punches. They're expensive. I don't buy a lot of dies either, for the same reason. When I do purchase them, I choose ones that are very classic, versatile, and basic. I do tend to use my dies more often, so I personally pushed myself to use all punches on this card. And, all of these punches have been in my stash for over 2 years - so far they're standing the test of time :)

Quite a few fun things to share coming up today - in spite of my Man Cold, I'm soldiering on while the medication lasts ;)
xoxo,
Jessi

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful and I love that butterfly on here!!! Gorgeous card!
Lynn

~amy~ said...

Dude, I woke up with a cold today and have been sneezing up a storm teamed up with a runny nose...it is so not fun.

Love this card perfect amount of punching action!

I'm so glad that you could play with us!

lostinpaper said...

Such a beautiful card Jessi! I don't own many punches for the same reason, but I have found that shaped dies are so much more affordable and can be used in so many different ways. ps I just got this stamp set and can't wait to ink it up!

walchowDesign said...

Such a sweet card and love all the punches and the embellishments you added on this card!

Unknown said...

stunning card! everything about it is beautiful.

yyam said...

Oh so pretty! Love those punched blooms!

Thanks for playing along with us! :)

Nance said...

So so pretty! Love how you 3D'd some of the flowers. Just lovely.

Jen W. said...

NEW FAVOURITE ALERT!!! This is a stunner, Jessi! Love the butterfly you created and the popped up flowers are awesome!